Bike aesthetics plays an important role today because bikes are perceived as a person’s reflection. We can consider motorcycles a convenient invention because it is more than just price and tech specs. They compete on many brands level to win sales and also it is designed to reflect a biker’s lifestyle because bikers have become more critical and exacting when purchasing their next motorcycle.
There’s a vast market of motorbikes with varied demography because motorcycles are far more economical than cars and most families prefer bikes instead of cars. Now, even a new young rider wants to go on a long ride with friends and explore the unknown. This has led motorcycle manufacturers to develop touring friendly bikes on a wide range of budgets. Many affordable bikes are best for long rides, with their price starting from a little over one lakh and going over ten lakh for the premium customers.
Companies get significantly lower labor costs and are one of the largest markets in the world. Motorbike companies open manufacturing facilities, shops and release new models every year. This, in turn, creates even more competition for motorcycle brands and a need to satisfy the aesthetical preferences of bikers.
It refers to the creativity and development of two-wheel, human-powered pedal-driven vehicles and their use across various aspects of our lives (from leisure to sport to basic transportation). The Bike can take on a variety of frame geometries, rendered in a diverse range of materials such as aluminum, bamboo, and carbon fiber, and include hybrid and electric versions.
What CAD Software is Best for Bike Designing?
From my point of view, Rattle CAD is the Best Bike Designing software because of its vast features like it is open-sourced and provides you with an extensive library to select a design, etc. Bike Design software enables you to create bike designs easily. This software comes with various simulations, libraries, and tools to generate bike sketches in minutes. They allow changing colors, many designs, and frame sizes and provide the best user interface to smoothly and efficiently perform bike designs.
Bike Design Softwares
Now, let’s start with the Software details and their features. These mentioned below software are highly-ranked and have proved themselves much efficient. So, it will not be a waste of time if you get them installed and use them accordingly.
1. Fusion 360
Fusion 360 is a cloud-based cooperation platform that helps users create 3D computer-aided Design/manufacturing product prototypes. It provides you with great design ideas, sculpting, and modeling tools to create great finishing. It is designed for midsize to larger businesses. Its data management tools enable enterprises to leverage data by managing user permissions and tracking changes in the design process. The product also offers Simulation, allowing users to run multiple tests on designs, compare results and determine displacements. Available on PC, Mac, and Chromebook with Android and iOS apps for any time, anywhere access.
Features of Fusion 360
- Includes frequency and thermal stress analysis, 2D specifications, rendering, operations profiling, etc.
- Provides you with centralizing and managing assignments and projects delivered by the students enrolled in your course.
- It will reduce the impact of design, engineering, and PCB changes.
- Ensures manufacturability with Simulation and generative design tools.
- It is available on monthly subscriptions, and support is offered via documentation and phone.
- Gives students hands-on experience.
2. Rapid Bike
Rapid Bike is considered a leader in the field of motorbike engine calibration. It will allow EVO and Racing modules, accessories, and professional tools to recalibrate. Rapid Bike Tuning Modules employ world-leading auto-adaptive technology that produces more power and torque across the entire RPM range giving you the ultimate riding experience.
Automatic configuration of the specific features enabled according to the module connected. The advanced software version includes all the accessories required by the professional tuners, while the end-user type can be downloaded free of cost from the reserved area.
Features of Rapid Bike
- Helps you to “Plug & Play” through supplied connectors
- Supports Windows and Pcs
- Provides you with totally waterproof wiring and modules, and these wires are created to support EVO and Racing
- It is the standard manufacturing platform for the automotive sector
- Provides injection, RPM, speed limiters, and multi-map management self-adapted
Chinese electric two-wheeler manufacturer Yadea Group has unveiled the C1S electric scooter at the 2019 EICMA. Interestingly, KISKA designed this curvy (retro-looking scooter) and was created by the design company of KTM’s mad machines. KISKA refers to “Everything your brand needs.” Develop your strategy to project launch in one studio.
KISKA is the outsider studio that entrepreneurs, investors, and CXOs from the new mobility sector seek out when they need thinking beyond the car. It is an international brand and design agency, and we inject performance into products and services. It designed Retro looking scooters.
Features of KISKA
- Provides scooters with maximum torque of 138Nm to give power to the Bike.
- It will boost business by co-creating a desirable brand experience.
- Will innovate, transform and extend brands.
- Designs distinct and high-performance services and products.
- It will merge physical and digital fields to create a valuable experience.
4. Linkage X3
Linkage is a unique piece of software. It is powerful and easy to use, but rick featured 2D bike suspension software for Windows. It will focus on mountain bikes and simulate other suspension linkages like motorbikes, etc. It will come with data files for many designs. In addition, it also provides an extensive library of models to help compare designs or publish and share own ones.
Modern smart dual-suspension bikes have a significant amount of engineering built in them that this program easily reveals. Professional and big brands use it. You can download and install the software and instantly pull up any of the thousand bikes in their ever-growing database.
Features of Linkage
- Provides a front fork movement simulation to examine different scenarios and geometry changes.
- Provides you with a multi Window working environment with numeric, mouse input, and click and drag features.
- It will provide you with more than 60 designs.
- Export all the results in high-resolution graphics.
- It is also a perfect tool to examine bike geometries.
- Can create new designs quickly using photos or customizable templates.
5. Free Cad
Free CAD is an open-source parametric 3D modeler made primarily to design real-life objects of any size. It allows you to easily modify your design by going back into your history and changing its parameters. Whether you are a student, teacher, systems analyst, or an experienced CAD user, you will feel right at home with Free CAD.
It is a robot simulation module that allows you to study robot movements and many more features. It will enable you to sketch 2D shapes and use them as a base to build other objects. It contains many modules to adjust dimensions or extract design details from 3D models to create HD production-ready drawings. You get modern Finite Element Analysis tools, experimental CFD, etc.
Features of Free Cad
- It is made to design objects for the real world.
- Based on a powerful geometry engine.
- Provides you with objects with natively parametric means their shapes can be based on properties like numeric values etc.
- Its user interface is coded in Python, a user-friendly, flexible, and easy-to-learn programming language.
- Allows you to export and import models in different file formats.
- Enables you to sketch geometry–constrained 2D shapes.
- Provides easy tools to install and manage add-ons workbenches and macros developed by the user community.
6. eMachine Shop
Features of eMachine Shop
- It is a simple computer-aided design program.
- Provides the user with a pricing option for downloading pricing files.
- Enables any company organization to design and instantly order custom mechanical custom parts.
- Supports customers that offer a unique CAD software system.
- It will take 15 minutes to place an order.
7. Virtual Cover Creator (3D Covers)
Virtual Cover Creator is a 3D cover creator software that helps you create professional-looking, unlimited 3D covers for your ebook, software box, CDs, special reports, two or three-sided boxes, electronic magazines, books-in-a-box, and more. Virtual Cover Creator has complete 2D editing capabilities to don’t have to use other graphic software. This software will allow you to create a professional-looking cover image in less than 3 minutes. This software can apply effects to your covers and labels with a wide set of tools.
Features of Virtual Cover Creator
- Comes with more than 100 free templates which can use easily.
- This software will provide you with the completed help guidelines.
- You can also save the templates and keep them for future use.
- Includes all the tools you need for professional results.
- Can easily be accessed from the toolbar button on the main Window.
- Improves performance.
- It will improve image quality.
- Allows you added ability to specify font orientation.
8. rattle CAD
rattle CAD is CAD software that will help you with your computer-aided design tasks. It allows you to export the effects of your work to SVG, HTML, PDF files. CAD tool will help you create bespoke bicycle frames, and you’re advised to give Rattle CAD a try.
If you have a custom bike shop near your neighborhood, they will love to design a bike for you using your rattle CAD diagrams. The program contains extensive libraries of components that can be freely adapted to users’ needs. Some of these design details can be handled easily, but others make sense only to seasoned bike designers.
Features of rattle CAD
- Calculates bike geometry.
- Provides you with a graphical display.
- It is free and open-sourced designing software.
- Can draw any drawing for the workshop.
- Provides you with directly editable dimensions.
- It has outside and inside modes to frame geometry.
9. PTC Creo
Over 13000 manufacturing companies worldwide use PTC Creo software. It was rebranded into Creo Parametric and is now the leading product design software in the development industry. This software allows you to work with and edit data from almost any CAD source without recreating designs due to incompatible data.
You can quickly create 3D models of any part and improve existing structures with comprehensive surfacing capabilities. It will deliver your best design in less time. It will provide you with powerful new technologies designed for an ever-evolving world.
Features of PTC Creo
- Provides you with parametric and freestyle surfacing.
- Helps you to draw 2D drawings automatically.
- It will also provide the feature of Multi-CAD.
- Can design plastic parts.
- Provides an interface to and from third-party systems.
- It will help in the reduction of monotonous tasks.
Solidworks is a funny and practical way, joined by engineer and cyclist Johno Ellison as he shows how to generate a rigid bike frame based on the real-life frame geometry. In this software, he provides us with the details of making structures, combining them in assembly, and preparing models for final products. It has three basic environments part, assemble and drawing.
Solid work will incorporate off-the-shelf components. Because of specific load limits, we usually exclude these items from the list. It consists of a pedal and cranks arm on either side of the bike frame’s bottom bracket and one or more chainrings on the right side of the frame.
Features of Solid work
- Helps you create parts and assembly design quickly and efficiently using powerful and easy-to-use software.
- Covers flexible 3D modeling tools for the full range of design tasks.
- Can also create 2D designs.
- Provides you with a CAD library to easily save frequently used parts and designs.
- It will also provide you with 3D animation.
Bike design software is widely used by bike manufacturing and designers to produce high-quality modern bikes. This software also provides great coloring effects to bikes to make them look great. You can select any of them for your Bike Design in 3D animation by considering their features.