How can you maintain your health? Life without fitness has no meaning; life is valuable, but health is more precious because life without health is like food without taste. Health is a source of joy to make you do all your activities as you desire. A healthy lifestyle will fresh your mind, prevent you from many diseases, and give you more power to perform any task effectively and efficiently. A famous quote on health is, “The greatest wealth is health.” It means you are nothing if you are not healthy.
Remaining healthy will boost your energy level, improve your longevity, helps to prevent you from diseases, improve your moods, and help you lose weight. Health is of various types like physical health, mental health, and genetic and environmental factors affecting our health.
Does Your Workout Regime involve Running?
It is a popular form of physical activity which is beneficial for you. To remain healthy, you have to eat a portion of healthy food, Intake a lot of water, eat fruits and green vegetables and most important do exercises like Yoga, running, etc.
Running will help you to build strong bones, as it is a weight-bearing exercise, it strengthens your muscles, improves cardiovascular fitness, burns plenty of kilo-joules, and help to maintain a healthy weight. It is a motivating workout because it doesn’t cost a lot to take part, and you can run at any time. You can run and participate in fun runs, athletics races, etc. If you are interested in competing with other runners, contact your local running club.
List of Apps to Measure Running Distance
Listed below are some of the Apps to track your running time and record your calories.
It is an app that is a perennial favorite among runners. It is made for sporty fitness fans with the option of seeing detailed information of distance, pace, and times for every time they run. You can measure your improvement and workout history and sync with various other apps, and get reports of your tracked activity.
Platform: iOS, Andriod
Advantages of Runkeeper
- It is appropriate for all running levels.
- You can track your daily progress, which you had set.
- It offers you in-app challenges and a virtual running group.
Disadvantages of Runkeeper
- To access premium features, you have to update this App.
- Race-training plans are only available with a subscription.
- It uses GPS continually in the background and decreases battery life.
The next App on our list will help you measure distance whether you are a seasoned runner or just starting your fitness journey. With this App, you can customize your training plans, personalize your tips to make workouts feel easier, and an inspirational 60 million athletes community who supports your shared commitment to health and fitness.
Developer: Under Armour, Inc
Advantages of MapMyRun
- It gives you real-time audio coaching.
- It can view time, distance, speed, and pace.
- It has a Gear Tracker that tells you when you need new shoes.
Disadvantages of MapMyRun
- Subscription is required to use premium features.
- Suppose the phone is not in the right place.GPS can be spotty.
This App is great for those who like to run off the beaten path and thrive with a little friendly competition. It is a Swedish word for Strive and has become a haven for runners, bikers, swimmers, and triathletes. If you want to split your fitness routine between multiple activities, this App is of great choice.
Developer: Strava, Inc
Platform: Andriod, iOS 13 or later, Web browser
Advantages of Strava
- It is a good choice for competitive runners.
- It focuses on performance analytics.
- It highlights the social aspects of running.
Disadvantages of Strava
- Personal routers may create problems for the public sometimes.
- It might be too competitive or advanced for entry-level runners.
- You have to subscribe to the premium features.
It is an app that can be used on all treadmills for you who prefer to check your miles indoors and want to find an app that makes treadmill running more fun. It also got loads of great on-demand and lived classes for runners to choose from.
Developer: John Foley
Platform: Andriod, iOS
Advantages of Peloton
- You can see the power output, calories burned, heart rate, and how they compare with other riders.
- It offers you motivating, energizing instructors and playlists for the classes.
Disadvantages of Peloton
- The bike with a touch screen will cost around $2000, so it is expensive.
- It costs monthly membership of 40$.
5. NHS Couch to 5K
NHS Couch to 5K app from Better Health gives you a choice of coaches to support and inspire you in every step. You can choose your trainer, who will provide you with audio prompts and encouragement along the way. It is a brilliant way to take your first steps into the world of running.
Developer: Zen Labs
Platform: Android, iOS
Advantages of NHS Couch to 5k
- It is based on the run/walk method of training.
- It has an audio coach that alerts you when it is time to run or walk.
- You have to run three times a week for 30 to 40 minutes for good results.
Disadvantages of NHS Couch to 5K
- It is not suitable for intermediate to experienced runners.
- It requires an upgrade to access premium features.
6. Google Fit
It is hard to know how much and what kind of activity you need to stay healthy. It is the next step in our list to measure running distance. It is an app that tracks your distance and your exercises, calories burned, and many more. It supports apps like Strava, Nike+, MyFitnessPal, etc.
Platform: Andriod, Wear OS, iOS
Advantages of Google Fit
- You can connect with your favorite apps and devices like life sum, Runkeeper, MyFitnessPal, etc.
- You can automatically track walking, running, and bicycling.
- The app records weight and heart rate.
Disadvantages of Google Fit
- When App is launched, it seems incomplete.
- You can connect to a minimal number of apps.
- It does not estimate calorie burn.
7. C25K® – 5K Running Trainer
If you have just started a pounding-the-pavement practice or returning to an old routine, look no further than this popular running App. It is perfect for beginners because it guides you through three workouts each week and keeps track of your progress and routes. It also tracks your time and distance, thereby making it one of the best running tracking apps out there, too.
Developer: Zen Labs
Platform: iOS, Andriod
Advantages of C25K-5k Running Trainer
- It has a Convenient audio coach and alerts.
- You can Map your run at the end of your workout.
- It has an Exclusive partnership with MyFitnessPal.
Disadvantages of C25K-5K Running trainer
- It is not good for beginners to be experienced, runners.
- You have to pay attention to audio cues.
- It requires updates for premium features
It is a well-known health-centric app that helps you stay fit and healthy because it is a fitness tracker, provides analysis, gives you challenges, etc. If you want various exercises, it will help you with that. It also supports Google FIT, Samsung Gear, etc.
Developer: Endomondo LLC
Platform: iOS, Andriod, Blackberry, Windows Phone
Advantages of Endomondo
- It has good accuracy.
- It supports a massive range of activities.
- Works with Apple and Pebble watches.
Disadvantages of Endomondo
- You have to pay for monthly premium features.
- It did not offer you some special twisted features.
- It sometimes has possible bugs or stability issues with training plans.
9. Zombies, Run!
It is another type of health fitness app that gives you the chance to enhance your 5K round the park with Zombie destruction. It feels like you are in a computer game, and you have to attempt to gather supplies, rescue survivors, and save the world from Zombies.
Developer: Six to start
Platform: iOS, Andriod, Apple watch
Advantages of Zombies, Run
- It has plenty of things to motivate your run, like storyline, zombie chases mode, and the mini-game, to name a few.
- Whether a beginner or seasoned runner, everyone can use this App.
- You can track your runs and share your progress.
Disadvantages of Zoombies, Run
- After a while, the missions can blur into one.
- This App is very large to download.
- You have to create a unique username.
10. Nike Run Club
It is a pretty basic running App for Apple Watch owners to track their activities. It will guide you with coaching, plans, and running to stay motivated. You get kudos and motivational quotes from Nike’s top trainers right in your ear and can even get mid-run cheers from friends on the running App.
Developer: Nike, Inc
Platform: iPod devices
Advantages of Nike Run Club
- It can track your distance using GPS.
- It has a professional coach.
- Nike Run Club is free of cost.
Disadvantages of Nike Run Club
- It doesn’t note down the suitability level for each run.
- It sometimes occasionally glitches.
- It does not always give you entirely accurate results.
It is a basic running app with a fantastic interface because of its beauty and sleek features. It tracks your distance, pace, and time and gives you additional details such as weather and the day of the particular month.
Platform: Andriod, iOS
Advantages of Pumatrac
- It is a secure app to use.
- It is improving with time.
- Major Bug Fix with each update.
Disadvantages of Pumatrac
- It has some missing features.
- It sometimes has slow support.
12. Runtastic Adidas
It has everything you need in running apps like real-time GPS tracking, goal setting training diary, shoe tracking, music players, etc. You can get feedback and encouragement from a real coach and live messages. We can use this App, weight loss motivation, sync app, Garmin wristband.
Developer Florian Gschwandtner, Alfred Luger,Rene Giretzlehner,Christian Kaar
Platform Andriod, iOS
Advantages of Runtastic Adidas
- It is an all-in-one platform to save all your activities like routes and stats.
- You can post your performance on Twitter or Facebook from the App to share with the global community.
- It will Track and log over 120 activities.
Disadvantages of Runtastic Adidas
- It requires subscriptions for certain races and training.
- It does not give you loud voice alerts.
13. Bonus: StepSetGo
It is an app launched by three friends. It is a motivational app that counts your steps and gives you rewards in the form of coins. The more you walk, the more you get coins. It is like the game subway Surfers. Although you have this money directly in your bank account, you can still buy something as developers have partnered with several brands.
Developer: Sumit Singh
Platform: Andriod, iOS
Advantages of Bonus: StepSetGo
- It has a Lot of discount vouchers.
- It Motivates you to walk.
- It has a user-friendly interface and design.
Disadvantages of Bonus: StepSetGo
- It hardly provides any free products.
- It can be used to be unique, but now it’s not.
- Most people complain of glitches and bugs.
14. Running Distance Tracker +
It is one of the most accurate running distance/time trackers available on the market, packed into the simplest & most gorgeous interface. It tracks your distance, pace, calories, and many more. It has complete access to your music players and voice feedback for guidance on achieving your target at a specific time. It also records a history of your runs and improvements over time and shows you a complete log of your running activities.
Developer: Fitness 22
Advantages of Running Distance Tracker
- It has voice feedback that lets you know your progress as you run. Customizable per distance/time.
- It has a run history tracking with monthly averages.
- It has music player access.
Disadvantages of Running Distance Tracker
- It is only available on the apple app store.
- It requires additional fees to access specific programs.
It allows you to chart your training runs weight loss progress and connect with friends for support. It will enable you to track all your calories and runs in one place and how many calories you have to burn more.
Platform: Andriod, iOS
Advantages of MyFitnessPal
- You can Track With Wear OS and view your calories, macros, and water intake on your watch face.
- It has Fast & Easy Logging Tools to search, add your food log from history, or scan a barcode.
- It has a Calorie Tracker, which will count your calories.
Disadvantages of MyFitnessPal
- You may sometimes underestimate calorie requirements.
- It requires a premium subscription to access daily goal-setting.
Whether you are a beginner or professional runner, finding the best App to get focused and track your goal is important. Listed above are apps with features, pros, and cons, so keep them in mind, select one and enjoy running with a coach or tracks.